- Clergy -
The Very Reverend Father Gabriel Bullock
Father Gabriel was born on March 25, 1969 in Grand Junction, Colorado. His father got a job transfer and moved the family to Ogden, Utah where Fr. Gabriel was raised. He moved to Chicago to attend the University of Illinois. There, he received a BA in English Literature. More importantly, he met his future wife, Cindy Sweis, in a Victorian Literature class. Cindy introduced Fr. Gabriel to the Orthodox faith and he was received into the Church through the sacraments of Baptism and Holy Chrismation in 1996. Fr. Gabriel and Cindy married on November 2, 1997 at St. George Antiochian Orthodox Church in Cicero. After the call to the priesthood, Fr. Gabriel and Cindy attended St. Vladimir’s Orthodox Theological Seminary in Crestwood, NY. Fr. Gabriel was ordained to the diaconate by Metropolitan PHILIP, of thrice-blessed memory, in October 2001 and he was ordained to the Holy Priesthood in April 2002. Fr. Gabriel graduated from St. Vladimir’s in 2003 with a Master’s of Divinity. He was assigned to the mission of St. Nicholas in Myrtle Beach, SC where he spent 15 years building the mission into a church. In July 2018, Fr. Gabriel and Cindy were assigned by his Eminence Metropolitan JOSEPH to the pastorate of Holy Resurrection. Fr. Gabriel is an avid tennis player and supports Rafael Nadal.
The Reverend Deacon Lawrence Schmale
Deacon Lawrence was born in La Crosse, Wisconsin in 1950 and adopted in Madison, Wisconsin. He moved to Tucson, Arizona in 1958 and graduated from Salpointe High School in 1968. In 1976, he married Donna Marcynyszyn in Philadelphia and both of them were received into the Orthodox Church on May 10th, 1980. He was ordained a sub-deacon on May 28th, 1984 by Bishop ANTUON. Deacon Lawrence graduated from the University of Arizona with a Bachelor of Science in Family and Consumer Science and Education. He worked as a teacher at Nogales High School until retiring in May of 2015. On January 26th, 2014, he was ordained a Deacon by then Bishop JOSEPH and assigned to Holy Resurrection Orthodox Church.